Saturday, August 04, 2007

My New PC

Just got done assembling my new rig. I wanted to get a decent enough gaming rig that I could eventually move under the TV set and use as a media center. with that in mind I set about trying to get a bang for the buck rig built. I went with a Thermaltake Lanbox Lite casing. The other components are an AMD x2 4000+ in 65nm, on an MSI k9AGM2-FIH motherboard with 2GB of Corsair XMS RAM and an nVidia 8800GTS with 640 MB. Rounding this off are two seagate 160GB single platter hard drives in RAID 0 and a Sony DRU-830A DVD burner. All this is powered by a Corsair 620W modular power supply. The system is awesomely quiet. The only things that I will need to do six or seven months down the line will be to get two USB TV tuners, an ATI 2600XT for HDMI output (or whatever equivalent is the market then), and maybe a creative X-Fi card for the sound. Overall I am in gaming heaven right now with the system scoring 5.9 in all vista performance categories except a 4.8 for the CPU. Now to catch up on pending games.

No comments: