Sunday, September 03, 2006

Andre Agassi


Today is the 3rd of September, 2006. Andre Agassi's tennis career came to an end today. Benjamin Becker of Germany defeated Agassi 7-5, 6-7(4), 6-4, 7-5 in the third round of the U.S. Open. It was a good match that Agassi nearly controlled. In his tearful goodbye speech Agassi said:

"The scoreboard says I lost today, but what the scoreboard doesn't say is what it is I have found. Over the last 21 years I have found loyalty; you have pulled for me on the court and also in life. I have found inspiration. You have willed me to succeed, sometimes even in my lowest moments. And I have found generosity. You have given me your shoulders to stand on to reach for my dreams; dreams I could never have reached without you. Over the the last 21 years I have found you and I will take you and the memory of you with me for the rest of my life."

Have a good one man.

No comments: