Monday, July 24, 2006

The Empire State Building

First on the list of things in NYC that intrigue me is the Empire State Building. The building is the tallest building in Manhattan and once was the tallest building in the world. What I really like about the building is that unlike most of the skyscrapers in the city, the Empire State has a masonry facade which makes it stand out from the crowd. Also the giant spire on the top gives the building an extremely distinctive look. Those interested in learning more can click here to get to the wiki page. The picture on the side was taken from the roof of a nearby building (about 25 stories tall). That is this picture is missing the bottom 25% of the building. Lets see what I can find tomorrow. I do have a game plan but it mostly involves wandering the streets. Who knows, maybe by loosing myself, will I finally end up finding myself.

No comments: